What Should Be Considered Before and After Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
Gastric sleeve surgery in Turkey is a slimming operation in which the surgeon reduces the volume of the patient’s stomach. The gastric sleeve in Turkey, which until now has been a viable approach to weight loss, has gained increasing popularity among bariatric surgeons.
The advantages of gastric sleeve surgery far outweigh the complication. For the healing process of this procedure to proceed smoothly, the patient should pay attention to some points before and after the operation. If there is excess fat in the liver, our doctor may ask the patient to lose weight with the help of a nutritionist. After the procedure, you should change your eating habits and lead an active life.
What Should Be Considered Before Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
Gastric sleeve in Turkey is one of the most common surgical procedures for weight loss. However, it would be best if you had the conditions to get the best results. A person’s Body Mass Index should be over 40. The amount of pain after this operation depends on the tolerance threshold and the patient’s body. It can be excruciating for some people and more bearable for others. To relieve the pain, our doctor prescribes painkillers.
You must follow the surgeon’s recommendations before gastric sleeve surgery. Thus, the treatment process progresses smoothly, and the recovery time is shorter. To do this, you need to follow some points. These points, which may differ according to the patient’s condition, are informed by the doctor before the operation and during the examination sessions. Check out some of the basic principles before gastric sleeve surgery in Turkey:
- Two weeks before the operation, you must adhere to a suitable diet. This diet, which our doctor will prescribe, helps reduce the size of the liver, and as a result, it becomes easier for the doctor to reach the stomach.
- Avoid eating and drinking the night before surgery. You need to consider this crucial point. Because if your stomach contains food, it can enter your lungs and block your airway during surgery, which is extremely dangerous. Even chewing gum can cause this possibility.
- The surgeon will remove blood thinners such as aspirin one week before the surgery because it increases the risk of bleeding during and after surgery.
- Since alcohol and smoke consumption dramatically slows down your healing process, you should stop consuming them one week before the operation.
- If you have a specific illness or are on medication, you must talk to your doctor during your consultation and examination sessions. This information is beneficial for the doctor in surgery.
What Should Be Considered After Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
This surgery may cause different recovery times depending on your situation. But in each of them, you must observe some essential elements to achieve the best possible result. The success of gastric sleeve surgery largely depends on your attention to the vital points. We examine your situation after gastric sleeve in Turkey and the main points below:
- After the operation, our surgeon will often ask you to walk a few steps. This will go a long way in reducing the chances of blood clots in your legs.
- You must follow the appropriate diet that our doctor has prescribed for you. In this diet, you must drink fluids regularly throughout the day to keep your body hydrated. Your diet will be such that all nutrients are fully delivered.
- It would be best if you took the medicines prescribed by our doctor on time.
- Although you should avoid strenuous activities such as lifting heavy objects until full recovery, you should walk regularly.
- Remember that your weight loss occurs months after gastric sleeve surgery. Therefore, the postoperative period is as important as the surgery itself, and one of the main conditions for responding to this surgery is a lifestyle change.
- During recovery, it is better to seek help from relatives to do your personal affairs. You can also use nutritional supplements and vitamin pills by consulting your doctor to prevent osteoporosis or anemia.
- If you feel unbearable pain in your body, talk to your doctor right away.
- Avoid high-intensity activities such as cycling, driving, and vigorous aerobic sports.
- If you feel tired, take a break immediately.
Diet After Gastric Sleeve
Since your stomach shrinks after gastric sleeve surgery in Turkey, you should be very careful about consuming foods that provide the vitamins and proteins your body needs. It’s good to know that the surgeon adjusts everyone’s diet to the person’s fitness level. But everyone should increase their fluid intake for the first two weeks.
In the sixth week after the gastric sleeve Turkey procedure, you will need to follow the nutritional principles carefully, but in this case, you will give a small diet.
From the second week, you can add protein to your diet. Of course, these proteins should be sugar-free and very low-fat. You can add solid foods such as tuna and fruit puree in the third and fourth weeks. Add potatoes, grains, etc., to your diet. Eat slowly and chew in moderation because chewing food helps it digest better. Don’t try to eat foods that are difficult to swallow after gastric sleeve in Turkey. Also, avoid consuming sugary, bloating foods and sweet and carbonated drinks.
Exercise should be at external pressure, especially after surgery, and should not weaken your muscles. It is better to consult your doctor for training in the first months, so you don’t have any problems. But never stop walking, and add short walks to your workout for the first month. But know that you should avoid abdominal movements even in the first two months.
After the first month, you can start sports such as cycling. But remember that you should not begin heavy and high-pressure sports immediately, even after two months, because you should start the exercises with continuous and low pressure and gradually increase the pressure. For example, slowly add half a kilo if you use a one-pound weight in the third month. Don’t jump from two kilos to five kilos.
After losing weight, one of the hardest things to do is to change your diet and lifestyle. Replacing these with healthy eating habits will help stabilize your health and make this process more efficient. Exercising after gastric sleeve surgery and taking care of your mental and physical health is also essential element of care.