A facelift is an anti-aging intervention that corrects the most visible signs of facial aging, tightens muscles, reduces fat, and redistributes and removes excess skin. This surgery usually performs under general anesthesia. Depending on the facial areas you want to treat, there are different types of facelifts:
- Lifting the entire face
- Forehead and eyebrow lift
- Lifting the middle third of the face
Facelift in Turkey aims to reduce sagging and reconstruct areas that show excess skin and wrinkles due to aging.
Who are the Ideal Candidates for a Facelift?
Check out the ideal candidates for a facelift in Turkey:
- Adult men and women who want to combat the signs of aging
- Mature women and men who want to find a fresh and wrinkle-free face
We recommend facelifts from 40, with no maximum age limit. Naturally, during the pre-operative visit, the doctor will determine whether the treatment is appropriate. The patient’s age, general health, expectations, and possible outcome are essential for eligibility.
How is Face Lift Performed?
A facelift in Turkey is usually done through incisions inside the hairline and behind the earlobe, continuing towards the nape to camouflage scars. Our surgeon can cut off excess skin from these incisions to give the face a more youthful aesthetic:
You should follow some essential instructions before the facelift procedure. Quit smoking at least 15 days before surgery. Don’t use contact lenses or make-up during the process. Keep skin clean and moist. It would be best if you also informed the surgeon about the medications you are taking and any allergies you have.
Facelift procedure in Turkey is usually performed under general anesthesia and in a day hospital. In some cases, the doctor may give local anesthesia with sedation.
- Incision and procedure
Incisions make according to the area of the face to treat. At this point, the surgeon works under the skin by repositioning the facial muscles, if necessary, to restore their symmetry and the original youthfulness of the face. The surgery ends with skin pulling and suturing of the extremities.
That is, at the base of the hair, at the root of the ears. The surgery can take between 30 minutes and 3 hours.
Recovery After Facelift
Immediately after a facelift in Turkey, the stretched face appears swollen, and there may be bruises and redness. You should accept this as usual:
- In case of discomfort or mild pain, you can take mild painkillers.
- As the days go by, the skin heals until you can appreciate the permanent lifting results after about a month.
- In the postoperative phase, we recommend resting for about ten days and slowly and gradually returning to everyday life.
- You mustn’t miss the postoperative check-ups before discharge.
- In the facelift operation, the incisions aren’t very obvious as they remain hidden in the hair, front, and behind the ear. Rarely, a surgeon may require an incision under the chin to improve the appearance of the neck. Initially, the face will appear more swollen than the final result. However, in the next 2-3 weeks, edema and swelling will gradually disappear.
- From the third week, you will be able to resume all your everyday activities, including sports, gradually. You will get the result that you can notice after the first three weeks, about six months after the facelift operation.
How Much Does Facelift Cost?
Facelift cost in Turkey depends a lot on the importance of the intervention, the number of flaws to be corrected, and any tweaks to the combo.
During the pre-operative visit, the doctor will be responsible for providing the patient with a detailed estimate, including the cost of the meetings, which is helpful for postoperative follow-up.